Thursday, April 22, 2010

I am proud

I like it when people know me as a Muslim without asking me 1st..this is because of my appearance..I cover my head..yes I am a Muslim..

The different things of being a Muslim in a community that the majority is non-muslim is that when u walk through the road, people will see u in a way that they are judging u..perhaps, it is just my feeling..I know..but,it is good when u feel like that..so,if someone is judging u, u will show the best from u..I guess almost everyone knows that a woman in Islam has to cover their body except face and hands. they will also know that Muslims are very obliges to the rules and regulations as stated in the Quran.. pray five times a day, fasting during ramadhan and sometimes on Monday or Thursday, do not drink alcohol, gambling, eat pork and etc..

so,being here, outside my own community, i feel that i wanna show to them that I am a good girl, do good deeds, decent, well discipline and smart..i really don't like it when they see me as weak, gross, bad and all those bad things..this is different when i was back in Malaysia, where there are so many Malays or Muslims, and there are some malays do bad things, so people won't care about u anymore..how u behave and etc..

one more thing come in to my mind recently..in the faculty of engineering at Massey, i can see almost half of the postgraduate students and lecturers are Muslim!!during a program held by the IET two days ago in a lecture room, I felt so proud when I saw almost half of the lecture room was filled by Muslims!how great it was..but i feel a little disappointed when the awards for the top students were not belong to any Muslim including me!a best friend of mine got it..well, she deserved it..I envy her..she works hard everytime and she doesn't wait to the last minute to do things..she is well organised..I feel happy for her but at the same time, there was a little disappointment.. I won't be able to show to the people in the lecture room that a Muslim, with her head covered, manage to study well and being awarded!well, I have to work harder I guess..however, if the same thing happen when I was back in Malaysia, I won't really care I guess.I don't even being awarded as the top most student back in my high school..so what's the matter now... here comes the difference

1 comments:

Miss dizzy said...

wah... wajah baru.. =P

subhanallah... Allah wujudkan perasaan izzah(bangga) dlm hati kita.. dan betapa ramai muslim yg kehilangan rasa ini.. (syukur2..alhamdulillah..)

tp...
sedih dan terkesan ngan apa yg akk tulis...
jazakillah khairan akk.. ^_^